Opening Day - Saturday, May 29th @ 11:00 AM
Woodley Recreation Association
Opening Day May 29th @ 11:00 AM!
The pools are filled, the grass is mowed and the tables and chairs are being set up! We are almost ready for opening day on May 29th! So find your swim suit, beach towels, and membership cards so you are ready to dive in!
• Questions about our opening plans? Check our Announcements page on the website.
• Looking for social events and opening hours? Check out the home page and pool calendar.
• Ready for the kids to join our Swim/Dive teams? Check out the Woodley Warriors website.
Woodley Warriors Swim & Dive
Registration is OPEN for Woodley Warriors Swim & Dive Team! Practices for competition swim and dive start on June 1st! Mini Warriors practice starts on June 16th.
Woodley Warriors Swim and Dive Kick Off Meeting May 26, 2021 @ 7pm.
The NVSL (Northern Virginia Swimming League) is moving forward with plans for a regular 2021 season. The NVSL recognizes the situation with COVID is fluid and are closely monitoring the state and local health guidelines that govern youth sports. These guidelines will help determine the type of season we are able to have.
That said, the Woodley Warriors are excited to be kicking off their 65th year of competitive swimming and diving for youths ages 5-18. As a member of the Woodley swim team, your child will learn to swim all four competitive strokes and compete in weekly swim meets. Dive team members learn to dive safely off the board and will learn the appropriate dives for their age level. And we are excited to welcome back our Mini Warriors developmental program, which provides a bridge between basic swim lessons and competitive training.
Please visit our team website for more information regarding this year's registration cost, schedule of events, practice times, and program details
Updated Operating Procedures
As you may have seen, the CDC has released new guidance on the wearing of masks by those who are vaccinated, and the Governor of Virginia has released new guidance that will become effective on Friday, May 28th. Below is an updated description of COVID-related operating procedures for the pool this summer. At this time, we do not expect any further updates from the State or County. In general, as we did last year, we will adhere strictly to CDC guidance, and State and County guidance.
• There will be no capacity restrictions on the pool, other than the ordinary capacity limitation imposed by the County as part of our operating permit.
• There will be no requirement to reserve space or slots.
• Regarding the wearing of masks, per the Governor's order and CDC guidance, masks are no longer necessary for members who have been vaccinated. Nevertheless, we strongly encourage continued use of masks when entering and exiting the grounds, in the bathhouses, and in the shed, as well as any time that proper social distance cannot be maintained. Please be courteous to your neighbor.
• There will no longer be health screening procedures at the front desk.
• All of the Pool's furniture will be placed out on the grounds for use by the membership. We will not continue the use of the green/red card indicators we used last year. There will be cleaning wipes available for those who wish to wipe down their tables and chairs prior to use. Also, as a reminder, you are always welcome to bring your own chairs for use on the lawn.
• Members will be able to use guest passes.
• The grills will be available for use by members, as will the member-designated fridge in the shed.
• The Pavilion will be available for rental under the normal rates and processes, beginning on Tuesday, June 1st. More information will be posted on the website about Pavilion rentals.
• The pool will keep two lanes for lap swimmers Monday through Friday from 11 am to 12 pm, and for the last hour the pool is open. There will be one lane for lap swimmers at all other times. Lanes cannot be reserved in advance.
As a reminder, our bylaws stipulate that Shareholders are obligated to purchase a membership each or, in lieu of purchasing a membership, they may pay an inactive fee to maintain their share in good standing. In turn, shareholders are guaranteed a membership each season at Woodley. Because of this, the Board must manage memberships to account for undecided Shareholders who may yet decide to purchase a membership. In order to accurately monitor our membership numbers for 2021, we ask that Shareholders decide as soon as possible whether they will purchase a season membership or pay the inactive fee, but in any case, by no later than July 1st. In order to cast your vote at the annual Shareholder meeting in August, your account must be in good standing.
Membership numbers are strong so far this year, and Shareholders who decide late to pay an inactive fee may deprive the Pool from accepting a new member because the slot had to be left open. Please help us manage our membership by making this decision as soon as possible.
Thanks to all those who are already registered for the 2021 season. While we are still accepting non-shareholder and new memberships, we are closely monitoring our membership numbers this year. Register today to ensure your spot at Woodley is secure!
Log in to access the Membership Management System and register for the season. Use your login and password from last year. A recovery link is on the login page for forgotten passwords. DO NOT create a new account.
• Update Contact Information: Click on the Profile Tab and update all of your information, especially emails and phone numbers.
• Guest Passes: Guest passes may be available once the pool opens for $5 per person per day. Guest pass availability and usage may be limited depending on pandemic restrictions.
We are coordinating with Atlantic Pools, our pool management company for our lifeguards to offer individual (1-1) swim lessons for our youngest Woodley members. Swim lesson opportunities will be offered during select hours during the day and evening. Arrangements will be made directly with the lifeguard and member once the pool is open. Information will be posted on our bulletin board by the front desk.
Opportunities will be available for swim lessons while the pool is open, except that no swim lessons may occur after 3 pm on weekends (including Fridays) or holidays.
Lap Swimming & Adult Swim
Our lap lane(s) will be available for members of all ages to utilize for lap swimming. Swimmers in the lap lane must be swimming laps independently.
• Weekdays (Monday - Friday) we will have 2 lap lanes available from 11am - 12pm and during the last hour of the day.
• Weekends and holidays we will have 1 one lap lane available all day.
As we have done in previous years, the last 15 minutes of each hour will be a "break" for the all children under 15 to exit the pool and offer adult swim in the pool, lap lanes, and diving area.
• Vending Machines, Ice Machine, Grills and a Refrigerator/Freezer will be available.
• Popsicles and Ice Cream will be sold at the front desk.
• Ping Pong and Foosball will be available and paddles and balls will be at the front desk.
• Hand sanitizer stations available on the premises.
• NEW Surface disinfecting wipes available for member use.
Online Account Options
We are adding options to household online accounts to purchase guest passes and add funds to your account for purchases. This will allow you purchase guest passes in advance of visiting the pool to expedite your check in process and add funds to your account for your child (and yourself!) to use to purchase popsicles and ice cream at the front desk in order keep cash transactions to a minimum.
- Log into your account
- In the left column, under My Account, click Buy Guest Passes
- Proceed with credit card transaction
- Log into your account
- In top navigation row, click Fund Account
Proceed with credit card transaction
Copyright © 2021 Woodley Recreation Association, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
7421 Camp Alger Avenue, Falls Church, VA 22042